You can outshine your job interview even if you have started preparing for it from the day before. Here are the crucial four factors in this regard that you need to keep in mind:
- Always research a little about the interview
Try tobe preparedfor everything. You can call up and ask the receiver for getting support about the interview.
- Ask who will be conducting this interview? Is the manager going to be there? Or you just have to talk to the HR? What are their expectations from you?
- What is the present dress code there? Try to dress better than what they have told you. It is ideal to wear your best professional suit. You will be amazed by how your dressing style will be appreciated by the interviewer.
- Know the address properly. Use Google Maps if needed. Always try to reach earlier than the expected time. Reaching late on an interview won’t leave a good impression.
- Ask for the job description beforehand.
- Know the company
Do some quick research on the company, as this will give extra topics to talk about other than your job details. Research on the basic things like –
- What is the annual sales performance of the company?
- What is the company’s view about any service or product they offer?
- What are the current news of the company (e.g. press releases, new product launches, etc.)?
- Recollect some good stories
In case you are asked about yourself, which is now typical of the interviewers, always have a story handy. You can say anything about yourselfyou are proud of. But write it down beforehand and memorize the exact way of saying it. Your story should be good and should get interviewer connected to it. Add stories that will highlight your qualities, like leadership, teamwork, initiative or judgments capabilities.
- Go to bed early
Make an early start on the interviewday. Getting up early will provide you with extra time to get ready and dressed well. Once ready, leave for the office as early as possible. You don’t want to get late and then get sweaty, flustered and have wrinkled clothes.
Lastly, remember that confidence is the key. If you keep yourself calm, composed and confident, it will reflect greatly in your interview. All the best!