Smoking is a very bad habit, which you must definitely get rid of.
The negative effects of smoking include
- Cardiovascular diseases that lead to strokes and heart attacks.
- Lung cancer, which in 90% of cases is associated with smoking.
- Accelerated skin aging. Do you want to remain a young guy or prematurely become an uncle with a cigarette in his mouth?
- Impotence (men cross themselves).
- The development of nervousness and temper.
- Sleep disturbance.
- Decreased concentration of attention, memory and intelligence. A stupid, absent-minded person diagnosed with amnesia is definitely not about you.
- Smoking is a complete waste of money and time.
Quitting smoking is based on 2 problems: physiological and psychological dependence. The physiological problem is associated with the effects of nicotine on the body and the formation of dependence. Psychological dependence is associated with the habit of performing certain actions, which was reinforced by their systematic repetition. It is always difficult to eradicate from your life that which has firmly taken its place, and it does not matter what it is: a person, thing or action.
There is no easy way to quit smoking, but there is nothing super heavy about it.
How to quit smoking
- The first and most important step on the path to a life without smoking is awareness of the desire to quit smoking. Many actually do not want to quit smoking, but only talk about it.
- The second step is to understand why you want to quit smoking, i.e. justification for your motivation. For example, I want to quit smoking in order to be healthy, look younger and live longer. The above classification of the effects of smoking should help. It’s better to get tired now for 1-2 months than to suffer a lifetime.
- The third step is the substitution. Just stop smoking, take it and stop breathing in tobacco smoke – a passive way that is often doomed to failure. In this case, appropriate medications, such as Tabex, can help (they really make it easier to quit smoking). The best way is to replace that part of your life in the form of smoking, which will disappear, creating a vacuum, with new events, actions and habits. It’s great if getting rid of nicotine addiction coincides with the time you decide to go in for sports or learn a new type of activity. New emotions, events and people will help fill the void.
Stop smoking, it is harmful, pointless and not fashionable.