Humanity exists because of DNA. Deoxyribonucleic acid is a molecule with high molecular weight, carrying genetic plan for the formation and health of all existing organisms. DNA carries information about the structure of different types of RNA and proteins. The structure of DNA is present in all human cells and inherited from ancestors. It is because of this factor the younger generation like their relatives from the older generation. Now look at the 15 fascinating and entertaining facts about DNA, which you can find out about its existence a lot of new, interesting and a little shocking:
1. If you have a typing speed: sixty words in one minute, while giving this lesson 56 hours a week, it will take 50 years to write the human genome.
2. Leech rotifers have practically no physical relationship decomposition over 78 million years. The fact is that these microscopic creatures add to their molecules of deoxyribonucleic acid alleles of eaten organisms.
3. A person who has undergone a bone marrow transplant has a high probability of containing the donor’s DNA
4. There is a special DNA test for ethnicity, which is made in Moscow, in addition, what you learn about their nationality, so it is still possible to study in detail their ethnic origin, and perhaps even to know your genetic tree.
4. There is a separate species of wasps that do not contain poison – Brakonoids. In the sting, they have a virus that suppresses the victim’s personal system. Researchers have shown that there is no such virus in the whole world. They determined the age of the virus – 100 million years, as well as the fact that it is in the DNA molecule of the wasp itself.
5. Close relatives, proved by scientists, DNA has a 45-50% similarity to each other.
6. Interesting is the fact that the molecules of deoxyribonucleic acid are subject to damage about a million times a day. But in the human body has a difficult structure, the restoration system that restores the molecule after the destruction. In the case where it fails, the cell dies.
7. The earthworm is the brightest representative of invertebrates, which has much in common in the DNA molecule than any other of this group.
8. There is DNA that is found only in American Aborigines, and in Iceland, there are four families that have the exact same molecule structure.
9. There is such a thing as “The Disk of Immortality.” It contains the DNA of world-renowned scientists and talented personalities, such as Stephen Hawking. This disk is located on the ISS, in case if humanity is threatened by a world-level catastrophe.
10. In one of the US states, a girl died at the age of 20 years. She had a child’s size and mental development, similar to the development of a one-year-old baby. After her death, scientists took up DNA research and suggested that the secret to eternal life could be stored in deoxyribonucleic acid molecules.
11. It is known that human DNA consists of about 7-9% of the oldest viruses that once infected humanity.
12. All available information in digital form on the planet is permissible to fit in just two grams of DNA.
13. Scientific experts were able to encrypt bacteria in the DNA molecule of one of the famous songs. People of the future will be able to hear “It’s A Small World After All” even after a massive nuclear catastrophe.
14. There was a criminal doctor who managed to deceive the investigation. He put another’s blood into his hand so that when he took blood for DNA analysis all the charges were dropped from him.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter !
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Sprintally.