Planning your holiday or a leisure trip to the United Kingdom? Well, pack your bags then, because in this article I’ll show you exactly how to go about your VISA application process in detail.
I’m assuming that you are visiting just for a holiday purpose only, so I’ll be covering that in this post J
For tourism purposes, you will require a StandardVisitor Visa – best for friendly-travel purposes which will be valid for a single entry in the UK for 6 months; and you can find all the related info about this visa in the official UK visa application website.Check here for details.
NOTE: It is advised not to book your travel arrangements unless you’ve got your visa in hand.
Let’s go through the process step-by-step!
This kind of visa is the simplest to apply and you can apply online using ‘Access UK Service’ – an online portal which lets you apply online.
- Fill the online application
- Pay the visa fee (15 GBP) online
- Print out your form
- Book an appointment to your nearest Visa Application Center
You can avail Online Application from here.
Visit the link to get started with your ‘Access UK Service’ portal.
- Select the preferred language and continue on the next page to register your email address and set up a password.
- Enter all your personal details such as Name, Home Address and Phone Number etc. in the subsequent pages.
- Then upload all the relevant documents (visit this page to know which all documents you are in need of).
- Pay online.
- Print your form so generated (You’ll need it ahead).
- Book an appointment at a nearby Visa Application Center online only.
After getting the confirmation, you can move forward with your application process.
Great! You’re now done with your online application – piece of cake … wasn’t it?
Now, what happens at the Visa Application Center?
First of all, double check all your supporting documents (and their copies), valid passport and the printed application form and carry them along to the VAC and be there before your allotted time (at least 1 hour before) so you can be ready for any unexpected delays.
There, you will be issued a token for your turn, and then your Biometric Verification & photograph will be done. After that, you will be handed over an acknowledgment slip. You need to stick by that for you will need in future to receive your visa.
Whoa! After all, that’s done, you’ll have your visa in about 10 to 15 days (for a normal application)
The duration varies according to the application type you have filed:
3 to 5 days for Priority Applications and within 24 hours for Super-Priority Applications.
NOTE: Pls take care that you won’t be able to submit any further documents at the VAC other than those you have already submitted online.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter !
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Sprintally.